1. PER CAPITA GDP: nation's wealth per person, 2012 estimate, last update Dec 13, 2013
2. REVENUE/GDP: revenue as a percentage of gross GDP, (Factbook) 2012 estimate, last update Dec 14, 2013
3. LIFE EXPECTANCY AVERAGE AT BIRTH (the average rises with age), (Factbook) 2013 estimate. last update Dec 14, 2013
4. INFANT MORTALITY: deaths under one year of age, (Factbook) 2013 estimate, last update Dec 4, 2013
5. BIRTHS PER 1,000 POPULATION, (Factbook) 2013 estimate, last update Dec 15, 2013
6. CORRUPTION PERCEPTIONS INDEX (CPI), higher is better, 2013 estimate (note #1), last update Dec 4, 2013
7. POPULATION, JULY 2013 estimate
|South Sudan||$1,100||NA||NA||69.97||38.58||14||11.09 million|
|Central African Rep.||$900||15.9%||50.90||97.17||35.8||25||5.17 million|
|Congo, Dem. Rep.||$400||30%||56.14||76.63||39.63||22||75.5 million|
SOURCE: World Factbook. Caution: updates draw from World Factbook data. In other words, a December 2013 update for Lebanon gives data from the World Factbook, not data from Lebanon in December 2013.
Note #1: The Corruption Perception Index has the inexactitude of opinion polls. It's a rough measurement of the existence of bribery to see doctors, to have access to water or other resources and access to education or to the justice system and other government services, including allowing businesses to function. The index is created by Transparency International, which draws from a variety of institutional assessments. High scores correspond well with affluent societiesthat have well developed institutions, an honest electoral and democratic tradition, including a well developed and available media and adequate revenue for sufficient pay to public servants.
Copyright © 2011-13 by Frank E. Smitha. All rights reserved.